Creating an Eye Safe Rider account is simple! You only need a smartphone, a registered phone number and a data connection! If you don’t have an account, you can create it by:
- Downloading the app
- Tapping “Create an account”
- Entering your phone number
- Entering the verification code that we sent you to your phone
- Entering your personal data (email address, the password you want for your account, your first name, last name and your gender)
- You are ready to go! Order a ride and ride safely with Eye Safe!
1. Select your destination from the “To: My Destination” box.
2. Tap “Confirm”.
3. Browse through the Car Type Menu offered through our app.
4. Select the one that fits your needs.
5. Tap on the “MEye Share”, “MEye Eco” and “MEye XL” to select a specific type of service.
6. Tap on the “How many people?” tab to select the number of passengers.
7. Tap the tab “Personal” to select which “MEye Account” you want to use for the ride.
8. Tap in the different icons under “Choose options” if you want to request special in-ride extras.
9. Tap on the “Payment Type” tab to change your payment method.
10. Tap “Order Now” to request a service.
11. Once a driver accepts your request you will receive a quote which you can choose.
12. After you have selected a driver to deliver your service you will see their location in the map and be notified when they are close to your desired “Pick-up” location.
We have developed one of the most comprehensive loyalty schemes in the industry and our way to say Thank You!
It is a system that measures and rewards your civic engagement and how active you are in the EyeSafe community, from the very first day of joining:
- You will start earning Eyes every time you top-up MEye Wallet when you are an EyeSafer, Bronze, Silver or Gold; the more you bring in, the more you get.
- Every time you rate, compliment and comment on your driver, you will add up towards receiving a surprise gift or offer (a unique feature in the industry)!
We bring the technology and the business model, but your input and involvement are priceless when keeping our environment in safe hands. Thus, we empower you, we pamper you and work hard to keep you as safe as possible.
When requesting a ride via EyeSafe’s App, you get access to a great number of choices where you can:
- Choose to ride with a driver who is accepting pets (so you never have to leave your pawed friend behind!).
- Female driver for female rider (MEye Lady option), so you can feel comfortable and at ease!
- Need to be picked up at a specific time, simply pre-book your service in advance and have peace of mind!
When you get a quote from a driver, you will see an estimated price for the ride. The price will be shown as a range of prices among which the ride will cost you. We provide you with an estimate as the end cost of the trip may be higher than initially expected due to traffic jams or issues on the roads.
- Select your destination from the “To: My Destination” box.
- Tap in the Calendar icon you can find by the “Order a taxi” button.
- Browse through the Car Type Menu offered through our app.
- Select the one that fits your needs.
- Tap on the “MEye Share”, “MEye Eco” and “MEye XL” to select a specific type of service.
- Tap on the “How many people?” tab to select the number of passengers.
- Tap the tab “Personal” to select which “MEye Account” you want to use for the ride.
- Select a date and time for your service by tapping the “Pick a date” tab
- Tap in the different icons under “Choose options” if you want to request special in-ride extras.
- Tap on the “Payment Type” tab to change your payment method.
- Press “Order a taxi for later” to request a service.
- Once a driver accepts your request you will receive a quote which you can choose.
- After you have selected a driver you will be able to see your scheduled ride on the “MEye Trips” tab in the app menu, under the “Upcoming” trips list.
- We will notify you one hour before your driver is due to pick you up to give you time to be ready and will further notify you when your driver is on his/her way allowing you to see a map with the driver’s information, estimated time of arrival, and location.
Not everyone can drive on Eye Safe. We care deeply about complying with the regulation and government’s licensing requirements. Thus, every single driver who gets access to the Eye Safe platform has a licence to driver either a private hire vehicle or a taxi cab (the so called “hackney carriage”) complying with every requirement the council has for them and has had to learn and comply with the Eye Safe code of Conduct. By doing this we try to make sure the best drivers are always available to you!
When ordering through Eye Safe you will gain access to the following types of rides which are listed below by type of vehicle, type of service and depending on the in-ride extras that our drivers can offer
Types of Vehicles:
- MEye Taxi: established government licensed taxis.
- MEye Standard: Affordable private hire vehicles operated and hailed through an operator company.
- MEye Premium: More comfortable cars for those EyeSaferswho seek a premium experience.
- MEye Executive: Ultimate luxury for those EyeSaferswho want to indulge in the pleasure of a top-notch experience.
Types of services:
- MEye Share: Convenient and cheaper way of travelling. Split the journey between riders travelling in the same direction, helping you make more revenue per trip. (Coming soon!)
- MEye Lady: Female drivers, for female riders. A service made with the comfort and safety of our female users in mind.
- MEye Eco: Designed to target our more environmentally conscious customers: hybrid and electric cars for healthier cities.
- MEye XL: Bigger vehicles for bigger needs.
- Accessible: our accessible vehicles fit to carry people with special needs.
- Pet-Friendly: our pet-friendly vehicles are your go-to option when you want to bring your pawed one to ride with you.
- In-vehicle Wi-fi: our wi-fi enabled vehicles are fit for the 21st century digital needs.
- Fitted child-seat: the safety of your children is also our priority, thus to bring you peace of mind request child-seats in your ride.
We know you care about how long the trip is going last and how long it is going to take you to get where you want you go. That’s why we provide you with an ETA (estimated time of arrival) for your driver to pick you up and an ETA for your arrival to your point of destination.
The ETA for the driver will be first shown in the initial quote sent to you by a driver when you request a service, so we can help you to decide on the fastest and closest option. We then show you the ETA of your driver in the map where you can see his/her location relative to yours. Finally, we will also show you your ETA relative to your destination during your ride, where you can also share it with your friends and/or family.
We understand that sometimes things do not work as planned and that you may need to cancel a ride you have already requested.
You can cancel from your app but depending on the situation a cancellation fee may apply. If you want to know more about our cancellation fees, please check our Terms and Conditions.
For Eye Safe to work properly we have developed a differential mutual rating system that allows both drivers and riders to rate each other in two areas: service and safety (the two driving forces for us to create the platform).
When rating for service we allow you to decide, using a 5-star system, to decide how good was the service your driver provided and for them to rate how good of a customer you were.
If you or your driver decide to rate each other with less than 4-stars, will we request you to fill a comment box with details of the ride and with a bit of information for us to be able to improve your experience in the next ride.
We also want you to rate each other by the feeling of safety you both had and created on each other during the ride.
This is to help us maintain our service as safe as possible and to educate our users (both riders and drivers) in how they can help us make Eye Safe better every day.
The safety rating scale is based on emoticons that describe and relate to how you felt in the ride: The lowest being report driver, followed by worried, room for improvement and finally in safe hands. We will ask you to fill a comment box if you rate the ride to be “Room for improvement” or below.
When you get reported by a driver, we will review the reasons they state in the comments they add to your report rider form.
During the time it takes us to review the issue that caused them to report you, we will suspend your account.
If we find that you committed gross misconduct that putted the driver or other users at risk, we will revoke your access to the Eye Safe platform and system and may report you to the competent authorities
You will be sent receipts to the e-mail address you used to create your account at the end of each ride.
The receipts of your Family and Business can be sent to a different e-mail address, which you can add when you create the profiles on MEye Wallet.
MEye Wallet is your saviour, a digital wallet powered by Eyes.
Our Eyes are:
- Digital credits you can purchase to pay for your trips. * The enablers for our MEye Rank system: the more you spend, the higher your rank, making your rides cheaper.
- Secure: Eyes allow you to pay when you don’t have your wallet and to avoid carrying cash for hassle-free transactions.
MEye Wallet is the EyeSafer’s digital friend;
- Free of charge and created for you automatically when you create your EyeSafe account.
- Allows you to top up using your registered card details.
- Cashless and cardless; Store, gift and pay in Eyes.
- Gives you peace of mind by allowing you to distribute Eyes to members of your Family and Business accounts.
You can set up Family or Business Profile in the “MEye Wallet” section of your app. To do this you need to:
- When you go into “MEye Wallet” tap “Add Business”/ “Add Family Profile” respectively.
- Add or select a payment method to be used with this profile.
- Add the email address you want us to send you the trip receipts to and you are ready to go!
- Tap into “MEye Wallet” tab of your app.
- Select the profile you want to manage.
- Tap “Invite member”.
- Select the member you want to add from your contacts.
- They will then receive a code to download the app.
- When they have downloaded it and created an account with the phone number to which you sent the invite text, the will be automatically added to your profile.
- Tap into “MEye Wallet” tab of your app.
- Select the profile you want to manage.
- Tap on the name of the member you want to allocate Eyes to.
- Tap on the Eye Balance (it also says “Tap to add Eyes to this Member”)
- Select the number of Eyes you want to allocate to the member.
- Tap “Transfer”
- Tap into the main menu of the app.
- Select “MEye Profile”.
- Scroll to the end of the page.
- Select “Delete Account”.
- Tap into the main menu of the app.
- Select “MEye Trips”.
- Select either the “Past” or “Upcoming” trip list.
- Scroll down and tap into the trip you want to review.
If a driver does not show-up to pick up point, you will receive a “no-show” fee to compensate for the lost ride. It will be made up of a percentage of the total ride fare that you would have paid and will be debited to your Eye balance.
What happens to the Eyes I have transferred to someone when I delete the linked business or family profile?
When you delete a business or family member profile linked to your EyeSafe account, the Eye balance that was allocated to that member will return to the overall balance of your Business or Family profile automatically.
When you delete a Family or Business profile, the Eye balance that remained allocated to the profile and its members will be transferred back to your Personal Profile’s balance.
When you delete your EyeSafe account, we will refund the Eye balance that is remaining in your MEye Wallet to a bank account you provide us within 5-10 days after we issue the refund.
To add your Home and Workplace destinations please:
- Press the “Menu” icon on the main screen of the EyeSafe Rider App
- Press “MEye Profile”
- Select Home (Add Address) or Work (Add Address) in “User Preferences”
- Search for the place by either typing the post code or the address
- Select the address you want to add
- You are ready to go!
We take your safety very seriously. Thus, we make it simple for you to tell us how you felt during a ride and to report a driver if you felt unsafe while they drove you. To do so please:
- If you are at the end of the ride, please use the “Safety” rating scale and select the “Report Driver” option. Fill the text box with as much details as possible regarding the events that resulted in you reporting the driver and submit the form.
- If you are feeling unsafe during a ride, please tap on the EyeSafe logo on the lower right corner of your screen to activate the panic button. When you activate the panic button, we will contact the authorities to help get you help and will suspend the driver’s access to the platform after the end of the ride, until we finish with our investigation of what happened.
We like to surprise you for being a loyal customer! So from time to time, and you being active in the app, we will give you access to rewards which will pop up on the MEye Rank Tab under “Unlock your rewards”.
- Your safety comes first: we are the first e-hailer in the industry that gives drivers access to tools we specially designed and developed to provide an enhanced and safer driving experience! Get access to a panic button, share your location with the emergency services, notify your family and get help from the community!
- We are tailored to support your success: We know not all taxis are made the same, as no customers are made the same. Thus, we allow you to market your service with a broad variety of vehicle types, service types and in-ride extras to equip you to be able to better compete and show your greatness! Also, we provide you with specially designed tools to help you understand how much you are earning!
- Focus on delivering a great service and get rewarded for it! The more you drive, the more you earn through our MEye Rank Loyalty Scheme. Go through the ranks, get access to exclusive offers and increase your per-ride earnings!
- We are not just an app, but a community that is shaped around the improvement of the industry. We provide you with training courses to help you become a better driver, a more productive individual and to make your work more profitable for you. We will also create a forum for you to voice your opinions about where the app can and should improve, innovate and create new solutions that not only make driving through EyeSafe better, but that make our cities safer, smarter and greener!
Eye Safe connects licensed taxi and private hire drivers with customers who request a service. We do this through our proprietary marketplace where you as a driver can accept ride service requests, pick-up, drive and drop-off customers, see your earnings, cash out and gain access to lots of benefits and offers!
We also allow you to differentiate your services in a broad way, giving you the ability to show the real value of your service, driving customers and supporting you in creating a powerful driver brand! Finally, we have put in place features designed for increasing the safety and comfort of both drivers and riders, because no ride should make you feel fearful and unsafe.
We want to help you drive better not only today, but in the longer term. To do this we have put in place tools for you to upload and update all the documents that are required by the transport authorities when they grant you a Private Hire Driver and Hackney Carriage Driver Licence. If you are a PHV driver, we will have to require you to sign up through your operator. Also, you need a functioning smartphone, a data connection and a licenced vehicle that is fit for the trade.
After you have created an account and have been accepted into the platform, you can start to receive rides. Just tap the “Power” button on the “MEye Map” tab of your app to go online and you are ready to roll!
We know how important is for you to understand your earnings. Thus, we have put in place graphic tools to help you visualise how your earnings are growing overtime! To see them you need to:
1. Tap the “Menu” icon
2. Select the “MEye Wallet” tab
3. Swipe through the different tabs (“Day”, “Week”, and “Month”) to see your earnings. per period, also being able to see how much those earnings have changed overtime.
You will be able to accept cash payments, but you need to link your EyeSafe account with a bank card (details entered at sign up), for us to take the commission for the cash fare payments your customers make.
When you get reported by a rider we will review the reasons they state in the comments they add to your report driver form. During the time it takes us to review the issue that caused them to report you, we will suspend your account. If it is found that you committed gross misconduct that putted them or may put other users at risk, we will revoke your access to the Eye Safe platform and system
You will need to register your bank account and card details so we are able to directly transfer you what you earn, and also to deduct our commission when you are paid in cash.
MEye Rank is our loyalty scheme which allows us to reward you for driving and providing a great service to our riders. In MEye Rank, the more you drive, the higher your rank and the more you earn. You will gain access to MEye Rank by creating your EyeSafe account. As soon as you get approved and start driving, we will start counting the money you make. After you reach different thresholds on your total income, we will reduce our fare commission, increasing your income and rewarding you for your success!
You will be paid for the rides you perform depending on how they are paid for:
- If your customer pays with cash at the end of the ride, you will receive the payment then and EyeSafe will deduct the commission, depending on your rank (Hackney Carriages) and/or the agreement with your operator (Private Hire Vehicles).
- If your customer pays with card at the end of the ride, you will receive the payment then and EyeSafe will deduct the commission, depending on your rank (Hackney Carriages) and/or the agreement with your operator (Private Hire Vehicles). In this case, you will also incur on the handling fees charged by your POS operator.
- If the customer pays for the ride with the card they have registered in the app, you will automatically receive your share of the fare minus the payment handling fee charged by Stripe and EyeSafe’s commission.
- If the customer pays the ride with Eyes, we will transfer your share of the fare to your Eye Balance. You will be able then to cash it out and it will be transferred to your account in a 7-day rolling period.
When a customer does not show up and you wait for him/her more than 5 minutes, you will receive a “no show” fee. That “no show” fee will be made up of a percentage set by EyeSafe (if you are a Hackney Carriage) or by your Operator (if you are a Private Hire Driver).
We take your safety very seriously. Thus, we make it simple for you to tell us how you felt during a ride and to report a rider if you felt unsafe while they rode with you. To do so please:
- If you are at the end of the ride, please use the “Safety” rating scale and select the “Report Rider” option. Fill the text box with as much details as possible regarding the events that resulted in you reporting the rider and submit the form.
- If you are feeling unsafe during a ride, please tap on the EyeSafe logo on the lower right corner of your screen to activate the panic button. When you activate the panic button, we will contact the authorities to help get you help and will suspend the rider’s access to the platform after the end of the ride, until we finish with our investigation of what happened.
If you are a private hire operator, we want you on EyeSafe! We know the taxi industry is a complex one, where not only traditional taxis are available to provide transportation for our users but also that private hire operators abound with a broad offer of exclusive and special services. We have developed tools and systems to make your tracking of driver performance, driver retention, fleet management and licencing compliance easier. Thus, we bring you:
- A clear system to register/invite drivers, both Hackney Carriages and PHVs, and link them to their respective vehicles.
- Manage and review the licenses and documentation of the drivers and vehicles in your fleet.
- View and understand the performance, ratings and the impressions customers have of your drivers, allowing you to implement better service management policies.
- Attract and retain the best drivers, using our unique ranking-based reward scheme, where the best earns the most and get rewarded for bringing the biggest value to your company.
- Manage and set the tariffs for the different types of services provided by the fleet, with the ability to manage the different surcharges you have in place.
In the MEye Operator Dashboard you can:
- View your registered drivers, vehicles and their related documents.
- View reports of your drivers’ performance, the orders you have undertaken, your service rating and your financial performance among other key performance indicators.
- View, update and approve the supporting documents provided by your drivers.
- Maintain an updated trip log.
- Set, apply and update tariffs for your services, also allowing you to create them to apply in different times of the day, days of the week or vehicle classes.
- View a record of the orders you have taken.
- View a dashboard full of real-time information about your day-to-day operations.
MEye Rank is our loyalty program, designed to put money back into your pocket. No joking! By measuring your company’s earning performance in the platform, we will classify you in different ranks. When you reach different thresholds of income, we will reduce our fare commission thus increasing your profitability!
MEye Rank also allows you to reward your drivers’ performance. They will feel appreciated and happier while working with you!